It’s strawberry season! It’s strawberry season! This weekend it seemed that everyone I know went to their local farms and picked buckets of berries. I took a shortcut and went to my local farmer’s market. Note to self: always bring more than $8 to the farmer’s market. James and I had to make some tough decisions between strawberries, bread, carrots, tomatoes and beautiful spring flowers!
Back to the muffins: they’re delish! Fluffy, moist and not too sweet. If you want a sweeter muffin you could try experimenting with adding more sugar, sprinkling some on top or adding more berries. Otherwise, the sweetness of the berries goes a long way.
Source: Confections of a Foodie Bride
3 cups + 1 Tbsp all-purpose flour
1 Tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
10 T. unsalted butter, cubed and softened
3/4 cup sugar
2 tsp. vanilla
1 1/2 cup plain fat-free Greek yogurt
Generous 1 1/2 cup chopped strawberries
Preheat oven to 400. Line muffin tin with liners
1. Mix 3 cups flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt in medium bowl; set aside.
2. Cream butter and sugar on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
3. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition followed by the vanilla.
4. Beat in half of dry ingredients, followed by a third of the yogurt. Add remaining dry ingredients in two batches, alternating with the yogurt, until incorporated.
5. Toss strawberries with the remaining 1 T. flour and add to the bowl, mixing for just a few more seconds to distribute evenly (the batter will be very, very thick).
6. Divide the batter evenly among cups, using a large cookie scoop
7. Bake for 8 minutes and then decrease oven temperature to 375 and bake for 10-11 more minutes until golden brown and a skewer inserted in the center comes out clean.