Happy New Year! I’ve been out of town for the past 10 days so I’m working on getting the blog back and running in the new year. In the meantime, I just received an email from WordPress saying that i had about 33,000 views to the blog in 2010! I was very proud and happy to see that and the fun will continue in 2011. There were some interesting statistics in the email, too:
- Some visitors came searching, mostly for leek pizza, voila with emily, spaghetti, peach coffee cake, and kahlua truffles. (My question is why are people searching for “Voila with Emily” when they’re already on the site?)
- The top referring sites in 2010 were facebook.com, amandamc.blogspot.com, foodpress.com, twitter.com, and jameskotecki.com.
- you wrote 87 new posts. (Thanks everyone for being patient as I started graduate school and slowed the amount of postings — didn’t seem to slow the viewership!)
- The top 5 most viewed pages and/or posts were (in order): About Emily, Mama’s Challah, Mama’s Cookin’, Mama Mia! It’s a Meat Sauce and What’s So Great About Cooking?
In response to the top searches, here are the actual blog posts:
Although when people searched for spaghetti – was there anything in particular?
- Simple Marinara Sauce
- Bolognese Sauce
- Spaghetti and Meatballs (w/ Video!)
- Tomato Pesto
- Mama Mia! It’s a Meat Sauce
And for those longing for summer, here’s that peach coffee cake you’re constantly searching for even though the weather won’t get warmer for a couple more months:
Valentine’s Day is right around the corner, so woo your loved one with these scrumptious little delights:
Happy New Year Everyone!!