Spring is right around the corner, but here at casa de Voila (I may have just combined two different languages), we’re ready for summer! To welcome in the warm weather, we celebrated with some tropical-influenced cookies. Half the batch had coconut, chocolate chip and pecans, while the other half had dried pineapple, coconut and pecans. These cookies get you in the mood for the pool, a drink with an umbrella in it and the barbecue!
Source: Adapted from Cookie Madness
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
8 T. (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 cup packed flaked coconut (the original recipe has 1 1/3 cup but I cut it down. Feel free to use more)
2/3 cup toasted, chopped pecans
1/2 cup diced dried pineapple or dark chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
1. Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt; stir well and set aside
2. In a large bowl, beat the butter until creamy. Beat in the brown sugar, and granulated sugar and continue beating for another 2 minutes
3. Beat in the egg and vanilla, scraping sides often, and beat for about a minute on medium.
4. Using spatula, add the flour mixture gradually and stir until mixed.
5. Mix in the coconut, pecans and either dried pineapple or chocolate chips.
6. Spoon the dough onto prepared cookie sheets. Bake about 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
Voila! Get excited for spring!