This Valentine’s Day (our second as husband and wife!), we are going out to an Indian restaurant called Delhi Club. We were supposed to go camping in a yurt for our friend’s birthday. Then three feet of snow fell across the mid-Atlantic and you know, that kind of puts a damper on the whole camping and hiking experience.
In the meantime, if you’re planning a romantic dinner for your special someone, here are a few menu ideas (and it goes without saying that there should be wine served with these meals!):
- Appetizer: Dynamite Spinach and Artichoke Dip
- Salad: Arugula, a simple vinaigrette, sliced Asian pear and chopped walnuts
- Dinner: Roast chicken
- Dessert: Red velvet cheesecake (please excuse the bad photo. It shows how far this blog has come)
- Aphrodisiac: Dark Chocolate Kahlua Truffles
- The morning after: Best buttermilk pancakes
VALENTINE’S DAY LITE
- Salad: Spinach Salad with Goat Cheese and Roasted Red Peppers
- Dinner: Pan Seared Salmon with Avocado Remoulade
- Side: Long grain wild rice and grilled vegetables
- Dessert: Peppermint chocolate covered strawberries
- The morning after: Lavender Cherry Oatmeal Bars
Voila! Way to impress your honey!