Matzo what? Say it with me: Maht-ZAH BRY. It’s matzo scrambled eggs that can include just the matzo, eggs and salt and pepper, or it can be dressed up with onions, peppers or mushrooms. Your choice! If you go simple, it’s best dipped in some fruit jam. Yes, say that with me too: FRUIT JAM. All is explained in the video below:
2 pieces matzo (any flavor works, although i prefer egg&onion)
1 T. milk
salt and pepper
fruit jam on the side
1. In medium bowl, whisk eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Set aside.
2. Heat 1 T. butter over medium heat in skillet.
3. Run matzo under cool, low pressure water. “Rinse” matzo on both sides so each piece is wet, but not drenched. Place in bowl and using fork crush into bite size pieces.
4. When butter is melted and pan is hot, pour egg/matzo mixture into pan. Use spatula to flip and scramble. Cook until eggs are well done. Meanwhile, prepare side dish of jam on a small separate plate.
5. Eat matzo brei right out of the pan, dip in the jam and enjoy!