Ignore the semi-burnt pecans and let me tell you about this cobbler. It has an oatmeal cookie-slash-muffin-hybrid cobbler topping, amazing homemade caramel and just delicious apple and pears. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream and maybe some tea and you’ve got yourself one of the best fall desserts. Or, you could bring this to a dinner party and make lots of new friends.
Source: Bake or Break
3 large Granny Smith apples, peeled and sliced
1 cup packed light brown sugar
2 T. all-purpose flour
1/4 cup butter
3 large pears, peeled and sliced
3/4 cup flour
1 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup chopped dates
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 T. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
3/4 cup milk
3 T. butter, melted
1 large egg, lightly beaten
pecans for garnishing
Preheat oven to 425. Lightly grease a 10-inch deep-dish pie plate or shallow 2-quart (8×8) baking dish. Set aside.
1. Combine apples, brown sugar, and flour. Stir to coat apples.
2. Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add apple mixture and bring to a boil. Cook, stirring often, for 10 minutes. Add pears and cook, stirring often, for 5 more minutes. Spoon fruit into prepared pan.
1. Combine flour, oats, dates, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl. Make a well in the center. Stir together milk, butter, and egg. Add to dry ingredients, mixing just until combined.
2. Spoon over fruit mixture.
3. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Garnish with pecans.