HAPPY GRADUATION DAVID!!!!
On that note….
Imagine a blondie infused with bittersweet dark chocolate and coconut. You probably could have guessed that from the title, but the title is so boring compared to the rich goodness that this recipe offers. Next time I would either double the batter or cut down on the chocolate since it’s so chocolatey, you kind of lose the blondie flavors. But that’s next time, for now this is a gooey, blondie delight!
Recipe adapted from Annie’s Eats
1 cup flour
1/8 tsp salt
8 T. unsalted butter, melted and cooled to room temperature
1 cup packed light brown sugar
1 large egg
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
4 oz. bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
1 cup bittersweet chocolate chips
1 tsp butter
Sweetened shredded coconut
Preheat oven to 350. Butter and flour 8×8 inch baking dish
1. In a small bowl, sift together the flour and salt; set aside.
2. In another larger mixing bowl combine the melted butter and brown sugar and beat until well combined. Add the egg, and mix until incorporated. Mix in the vanilla extract until well blended.
3. Add in the dry ingredients and mix just until they have been incorporated.
4. Add the shredded coconut and chocolate to the bowl, and fold in until evenly distributed. Transfer the batter to the baking dish and spread evenly.
5. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until set in the center but still soft. Do not over bake.
6. While the blondies are cooking, combine the chocolate chunks and butter in a small, heatproof bowl. Microwave in 25-second intervals, stirring in between, until completely melted and smooth.
7. Once bars are cool, drizzle chocolate over into whatever pattern you like. Wait another few minutes before sprinkling with additional shredded coconut. Allow to cool completely before cutting into bars.
Voila! Enjoy with ice cream or a glass of milk