One way to ring in the warm weather is to spice up a regular fish filet with some fresh salsa! I combined a recipe for tilapia with the peach salsa. James commented that although the parmesan and salsa tastes blended well, there is room for improvement in blending the two flavors. Next time I’d like to try either straight grilling the fish or adding a light breading to add a bit of crunch but doesn’t take away from the salsa. That said, the salsa is excellent. It’s festive, fresh and full of flavor. Enjoy!
- 3/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp dried parsley
- 3 tilapia filets
- 3 small peaches (or 2 large), diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 red onion diced
- 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 3 tsp dried cilantro
- 2 T. fresh mint
- 2 T. lime juice
- 1 T. honey
- Preheat the oven to 400.
- 1. In a shallow bowl, combine the cheese with the paprika and parsley and season with salt and pepper.
- 2. Dredge fish in the cheese mixture.
- 3. Place filets on a foil-lined baking sheet and bake 10 to 12 minutes.
- 1. In a medium bowl, stir together peaches, bell pepper, onion, red pepper flakes, cilantro and mint. Add lime juice and honey and stir until well mixed.
- 2. Cover and chill at least 30 minutes before serving.
- 3. When fish is done, serve with rice and add 1-2 spoonfuls of salsa.