Pan Seared Salmon with Avocado Remoulade

I haven’t made fish in forever and this was the ultimate comeback dish! It’s very well balanced and delicious. There’s not much else to say except it’s great and you should try it!

salmon with avacado remoulade
salmon with avocado remoulade

Ingredients
Recipe courtesy of Simply Recipes
2 large avocados, peeled and chopped
3 T. freshly squeezed lime juice (can substitute lemon)
3-4 T. olive oil
1 T. minced shallots or green onion
1 T. minced parsley
1 tsp. dijon mustard
Salt and pepper to taste
1 to 1 1/2 pounds of salmon fillets
canola oil for frying
Long grain wild rice

Directions
1. Begin boiling water for rice and cook according to the package.
2. Put avocado pieces and lime juice into a food processor or blender and pulse until blended.
3. Slowly add olive oil, pulsing, until you reach desired consistency of sauce. Add minced shallots or green onions and parsley, pulse just until combined. Remove to a bowl, add mustard, salt and pepper to taste.
4. Coat the bottom of a sauté pan with oil, heat on medium high. Season both sides of the salmon fillets with salt and pepper, carefully lay the salmon into the pan, skin side down. Cook the salmon until about medium doneness, about 4-5 minutes per side.
5. Spread avacado remoulade on plate, lay salmon over and garnish with left over green onions or parsley. Scoop some rice on the side and you’re set!

Voila!

Advertisements

14 Comments Add yours

1. This looks delicious… I have never thought of avocado on salmon, but if it works in sushi why not on this dish right?

2. Emily says:

You should definitely try making it – the biggest praise we had for it was just how balanced the meal and tastes were. So enjoy and let me know what you think, thanks for stopping by! Stay tuned 🙂

3. Kate says:

I will eat anything with avocado! It makes anything delicious. I have a few ripe ones in the fridge right now, if only I had some salmon…

4. Emily says:

yes avocado is delicious! it looked great on the cevice recipe you posted!

5. Kristina says:

I’m sooooo trying this one

6. susan gardner says:

Hi Emily,

This fish dish looks delicious and I just may have to try it this weekend. I was telling Blair about it as she LOVES salmon. The oatmeal cookies look great also. Roger’s favorite cookie is oatmeal raising so I will have to add this recipe to my collection. I just love your blog!! Blair is very much looking forward to spending the weekend with you and James. Thank you for having them. Take care and tell James hi for us.

7. susan gardner says:

oops – new name for cookie – oatmeal RAISING!! Should have done spell check on my last reply!!

Have a great weekend!! Susan

8. Emily says:

Thanks Susan! You’re always so kind to comment and keep up with the latest postings. We can’t wait to show Blair and Mike around DC – so many fun things planned! If you have another oatmeal raisin cookie recipe, pass it on! Have a good weekend!

9. GOG says:

Hi Emily,

The salmon – avocado connection sounds wonderful. I am looking forward to trying this. I usually cook fish in the microwave but it wouldn’t matter- maybe I’ll get ambitious & cook it the real way. We’re actually having tilapia tonight but nothing gourmet. The spinach & mushroom tart & the cookies sound great, too.
    You are inspiring me to make more of an effort- we’ll see. GOG

10. GOG says:

We had the salmon & avocado remoulade last night – it was really delicious – how could I miss with those ingredients! I did “cheat” & use the MW oven but it came out as perfect as I could have wished for. I sprinkled maple-pepper & lemon zest on top of the fish while cooking & added a few capers on top before serving.
    I appreciate your inspirational recipes!

11. Emily says:

Hey I’m glad it worked out so well! I like the idea of adding capers – nice touch! Have a great weekend!

12. Jeremy says:

I’m going to try making this tonight for a vday dinner!