I originally looked up this recipe online. But after perusing several sites, the recipe was so easy and flexible I took some foundational measurements from one recipe and took off on my own course from there. Although I wish I added bits of sun-dried tomato…oh well, next time!
1 10 oz. frozen package of spinach, thawed
1 15 oz. container of ricotta cheese
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 cup parmesan cheese, divided
3 cloves of garlic, minced
pinch of red pepper flakes
1 tsp. basil
1 tsp. thyme
1 tsp. oregano
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1 jar of tomato sauce
1 box large pasta shells
Preheat oven to 350 and spread 1/4 cup of sauce over bottom of baking dish (NOTE: I ended up using two pans since there were so many shells!)
1. Boil water and cook pasta.
2. Meanwhile, combine spinach, ricotta and egg and mix. Add 1/2 cup parmesan cheese. Stir well. Then add all the spices.
3. Using spoon (I ended up just jumping in with my hands), add 1-2 T. worth of spinach mixture into each shell.
4. Line stuffed shells in pan. Once done, pour rest of sauce over the shells.
5. Cook in oven uncovered for 25-30 minutes.
Voila! Serve with a side salad and you’ve got yourself a delightful weeknight meal in less than an hour!