These are my favorite snacks that I haven’t had enough of in my life. The combination of salty and sweet is a pure delight. Plus, the recipe is super easy! What’s not to love?
An Emily Original!
1 bag of thin original pretzels
1 1/2 bags white chocolate chips
1/2 cup water
2-3 tubes of icing, optional (pick your favorite color and/or flavor)
1. Line large cookie sheet, and additional plates as needed, with parchment paper and set aside.
2. Pick out unbroken pretzels out of the bag and place on a plate and set aside. This may be time consuming, but necessary since you have to work fast once the chocolate melts.
3. Pour water into sauce and bring to a simmer.
4. Pour white chocolate chips into glass bowl. Place bowl in sauce pan, allowing water and steam to melt chocolate.
5.When chocolate is melted completely, stir and smooth any remaining morsels. Using a fork, dip pretzels into white chocolate, covering completely. Place on cookie sheet.
6. If you’re using icing: once all pretzels are done and still setting, sprinkle icing over pretzels. Place in fridge until ready to serve.
Voila! Very easy and delicious holiday or anytime snack!
Post-baking thoughts: You can use dark chocolate, milk chocolate and perhaps even butterscotch chips! I used gel icing and it worked, but I would prefer to use regular icing next time around.