This blog is on a roll! I missed cooking and writing so here we go — day number two!
Not much to say about caesar salad other than we all know that it’s fabulous.
- Salad and Dressing
5 cloves crushed, minced garlic
1 egg yolk
1 T. dijon mustard
1 T. lemon juice
1 T. worcestershire sauce
4 T. red wine vinegar
6-7 T. olive oil
1 T. grated cheese
1 red pepper, roasted and chopped
handful of croutons
- Breaded chicken
1/2lb. organic chicken strips
3 slices slightly stale french bread (or any other bread you have in the house)
1-2 T. parmesan cheese
2 tsp. parsley flakes
salt and pepper to taste
1 cup all purpose flour
olive oil for frying
1. In medium sized bowl, take garlic and smoosh around bowl for about 2 minutes
2. Add egg, dijon mustard, lemon juice and worcestershire sauce and stir well with whisk
3. Add red wine vinegar, olive oil and parmesan cheese, mix well, set aside.
(NOTE: you could also put all the ingredients, in this order, in a blender and mix it that way.)
4. Put slices of bread in a blender and blend until crumbly. Add parmesan cheese, parsley and salt and pepper to taste and hit the ‘blend’ button for a few more seconds.
5. In three separate bowls, put flour, egg and bread crumbs. Add olive oil to skillet and turn to medium heat.
6. Dip the strips of chicken in each bowl then lay onto frying pan until cooked through, golden brown and crispy.
7. In one large bowl add iceburg lettuce, sundried tomatoes, croutons and mix. Then add salad dressing and toss. Finally, add warm chicken strips on top and voila! Time to eat!
Post-baking thoughts: This was delicious. The chicken strips could be a dish onto their own. James suggested cooking these up again and having a honey mustard dipping sauce on the side — great idea!