This is so good it would be a selfish act not to share it with all of you.
Coming from the always reliable food blog, Coconut & Lime.
The crunchy, sugary, streusel topping outside and the light, fluffy cake inside is the most delightful combination of fruity, summery flavors.
- the cake
2 cups flour
2 tsp. baking soda
dash of salt
1/4 cup butter, room temp. or very soft*
3/4 cup sugar
2 drops ginger extract 1 tsp. ground ginger (either one works!)
1/4 cup milk
1/4 cup sour cream*
2-3 fresh, unpeeled peaches, sliced
- the streusel
1/4 cup butter, room temp. or very soft
1/2 cup sugar
1/3 cup flour
1 tsp. ground ginger
Preheat oven to 375. Butter and flour loaf pan.
1. In a medium bowl mix flour, baking soda and salt.
2. In a separate bowl, cream butter and sugar together until fluffy.
3. Beat in egg and ginger extract or ground ginger.
4. In another separate small bowl, mix together milk and sour cream.
5. Add the flour and sour cream, alternately, to butter mixture, beginning and ending with the flour. Whisk together well until smooth.
6. Add sliced peaches and carefully fold into the dough. Pour into loaf pan and set aside. Get ready to make the streusel topping!
7. Combine all the streusel ingredients in a bowl until crumbly. Sprinkle streusel topping on raw dough. Bake for 40-50 minutes, or until knife comes out clean.
And voila! you’re done and let me know what you think?! We flipped over it!
* Post-baking thoughts: I don’t have an electric mixer so I melted the butter to when it was almost completely melted. Also, while in the middle of whisking and creaming, I realized I had no sour cream! So I mixed 3/4 cup half-and-half and 1/3 cup melted butter mixed together.