After perusing the web for a while, I combined a variety of recipes to create this one. They all offered similar ingredients and measurements, so today there’s not one link I can send you too.
A few recipes said to add a tablespoon of fresh ground coffee or several tablespoons of peanut butter — so if you want to try that, I’m all for it! I stayed in a comfort zone this time but look forward to adding these extras later.
2 smashed bananas
1/2 cup melted butter
3/4 cup sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. nutmeg
1 egg, beaten
1 1/2 cup flour (optional: divided between wheat and all-purpose
1/2 cup mini-chocolate chips
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
Preheat oven to 350
1. Smush bananas with masher. Add butter and mix until lumpy and mixed well.
2. Add sugar, vanilla, nutmeg, baking soda and egg.
3. Add flour and mix well. Add chocolate chips and mix. Then add walnuts and mix.
4. Shell out mixture into greased muffin pan, filling each cup about 1/2 full. Sprinkle a few walnuts on top of each muffin.
5. Cook for about 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown on top.
Voila! These are great snacks and go well with a cold glass of milk.