An Emily original!
2-3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 cup frozen spinach
6 pieces sun-dried tomato
1/2 cup feta cheese
3 garlic cloves
salt and pepper to taste
2 T.olive oil
2 cups breadcrumbs (optional)
preheat oven to 375 degrees.
1. Cook frozen spinach according to packaging.
2. Dice sun-dried tomatoes, place in small mixing bowl.
3. Add feta.
4. Dice garlic cloves. Add half of them to the sun-dried tomato/feta mix. Put other half in skillet with spinach.
5. Once spinach is done, add to tomato/feta mix. Set aside.
6. (At this point, if you’re making rice to accompany the dish, now would be a good time to start. I used long grain wild rice and it would a fabulous side!)
6a. Rinse and pat chicken breasts. Sprinkle with salt and pepper on each side.
7. Cut slits into middle of the chicken, making pockets.
8. Spoon in tomato/feta/spinach mix into chicken.
9. Press chicken a little to close the slits, keeping the mixture from falling out
10. Heat skillet with olive oil.
11. (if you choose to bread the chicken: before placing chicken in hot skillet, place bread crumbs in bowl. Dunk chicken in bread crumbs, covering the piece. Then place chicken in skillet.)
11a. (if you do not bread the chicken: place chicken directly in the skillet.)
12. Cook chicken quickly on each side so it turns an opaque color. Once that’s over, place chicken on baking sheet lined with tin foil. Bake in oven for about 15 minutes, or until cooked through.
Voila! Serve with rice or salad or garlic bread and enjoy.