These are delicious! They can be eaten anytime of day and cheer anyone up!
Total work time: about 30ish minutes.
1 3/4 cups oats
1 1/2 cups all-purpose white flour
3/4 cups packed brown sugar
1/2 cup chopped nuts (pecans, walnuts, almonds)
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cup margarine
2 cups blueberries (frozen or fresh)
1/2 cup sugar
3 T. water
2 T. cornstarch
2 tsp. lemon juice
1. Heat oven to 350 F.
2. Grease 11×7-inch glass baking dish.
3. Combine oats, flour, brown sugar, nuts, baking soda and salt
4. Melt margarine and add, mixing until crumbly. (I found that I had to add more as needed to make the ingredients stick together.)
5. Press 1/4 of the mixture onto the bottom of dish, so it’s a thin dense layer.
6. Bake 10 minutes(ish)
8. Bring to a boil, simmer 2 minutes, uncovered, stirring occasionally.
9. In a separate bowl, combine remaining 1 tablespoon water, cornstarch, and lemon juice; mix well.
10. Gradually stir into corn starch mix into blueberry mixture; cook and stir until thickened.
11. Spread the blueberry mix over over partially baked base to within qarter- inch of the edge; cover with remaining oat mixture. Press down lightly.
12. If you have extra blueberries, sprinkle them on top.
13. Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until topping is golden brown. (i found it took about 30 minutes, but it all depends on your oven.)
14. When done, let it cool for at least 20 minutes. Make sure it’s completely cool before cutting into them. Then….voila, enjoy!